In any stand-up presentation, the slides is an AudioVisual Aid; not the main attraction.
The presenter (You!) is the Star of your own presentation.
So keep your texts on slides to a minimal (but more graphics is advisable instead). Because audience wants to see, listen & learn from you!
Some tips to keep your slides with minimal texts:
1) Create a presentation that has 3-5 Main Points/ Categories
2) For each Main Point, have only 3-5 sub-points per slide
3) For each sub-point, have only 3-5 words per sub-point
4) Use pictures and graphics
5) Do not use animations unnessarily
Author, The Stage Fright Antiote!
Founder, The Speaking Factory Pte Ltd
From the Editor
The Speaking Factory is founded by Hazriq Idrus, Asia's Trusted Applied Creativity and Public Speaking Strategist. He is the author of The Stage Fright Antidote and co-authored four other books. His mission is to help professionals & entrepreneurs innovate, communicate and grow with impact by tapping on their inner creativity.
Articles by Categories