You are excited! Your good friend is getting married and you are invited to host his wedding dinner.
Your mind now wanders on what to wear for the event.
You are not attending it as a guest, but you are holding a BIG responsibility as the wedding emcee. You know, besides the wedding couple, you are the next centre of attraction!
So what should you do in preparation for the event?
I have created a list (non-exhaustive) of questions for you to ask the wedding couple or the organiser before you even start emceeing. This would help for you to prepare physically and mentally:
1) When the event is going to be held?
2) What is start time and end time?
3) What are the room conditions? In a ballroom, large hall, stage setups, mics etc?
4) What is the number of invitees / attendees?
5) What is the scheduled and itinerary?
6) Who is in the audience? Friends, colleague, family members?
7) Will there be games, or just eat and relax? Any themes for the wedding event?
8) Will the event be a course-meal or buffet spread style?
9) Would you be taking pictures / recording of my presentation?
10) Are there any sponsors of the event you would like me to acknowledge and thank?
11) Is there anything else that I should be aware of?
What do you think?
Founder, The Speaking Factory Pte Ltd
Author, The Stage Fright Antidote!
From the Editor
The Speaking Factory is founded by Hazriq Idrus, Asia's Trusted Workplace Creativity, Creative Leadership and Public Speaking Strategist, with a mission to help organisations enhance people potential and organisational performance. Hazriq is the author of The Stage Fright Antidote and co-authored eight other books.
Articles by Categories